Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Games Minimizing

• Please log in to reply

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I had a problem a while back in which a game would only run in windowed mode. Whenever I switched to full screen the application would stay minimized. The game was Asheron's Call. Not a very hardware stressful game. Link to the post here: http://www.geekstogo...or-t151121.html. This was eventually fixed with the help of tech support for the game by deleting the "user.ini" settings file from my documents (which apparently didn't delete during uninstall). Now that problem is back for that game and deleting the user.ini failed to work this time. I plan to get in contact with tech support today about this issue.

I'm posting here because it just happened to another game, Neverwinter Nights 2. This is making me think that it is a hardware problem. My CPU runs a little hot (52-58C) despite all my efforts. I have plans to get a 120mm cooler to hopefully drop it a bit more but I am told that p4s just run hot. Suggestions anyone?

Dxdiag log is attached.

Attached Files

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Problem solved via tech support of one of the games.

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
Would you care to share the solution?

:whistling:

Titan8990

Titan8990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Sure, it was something stupid that I had done. My card has a factory overclock on it. I had disabled the overclock when I was having a bit of heat issues. I disabled it through WinPatrol insted of msconfig. So when I reinstalled my drivers winpatrol was still blocking the file in the driver that overclocks the card. All i had to do was reinable this driver file. It was a simple fix that only I could have figured out. The tech support person had said something like "I have never heard of a problem like this that wasn't driver related." That got me thinking and refreshed my memory on what I had done previously to screw it up.... :whistling: