Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express lost messages

• Please log in to reply

SJ Tilden

SJ Tilden

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all, great forums!
I may have shot myself in the foot. Due to spyware and virus nonsense I decided to reinstall XP from scratch (again.) I was used to using Eudora for all email, but some months ago I tried Outlook for my eBay account. Eudora has no trouble finding its messages from saves but Outlook wont open from backups or old copies.
I did not do a complete hard drive backup, just copied 'Programs' folder, Registry, Desktop, My Documents, and most of the Windows folder to an external hard drive. Do you know where my old Outlook mail might be stored or retrieved from? My mistake was not to export or back up the messages directly.

Thanks for any advice, Sam

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Install tuneup, file recovery, undelete, show files in good condition, restore to folder created for this, transfer from there

TuneUp