Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Flash, flashvars, and validation

• Please log in to reply

interpolarity

interpolarity

• PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
I am embedding flash in a website using the object tag...everything works, except I can't find an alternative to the flashvars attribute...any ideas?

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
A link would be good, along with a bit more explanation of what you want. Why do you need to pass vars to the flash?

Oh and you must love chemistry to have a nick name of interpolarity

interpolarity

interpolarity

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
umm...the website is at http://imindiezone.g....com/index.html

the top is a music quilt from last.fm that only works on firefox, ie doesn't recognize the vars....actually it does work, just it doesn't show my albums...
The one on the bottom is a music player, and the vars are for telling it where to get the songs.

and interpolarity is my name, and I do like chemistry, however, the name comes from one of my favorite bands, interpol. :whistling:

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I would get the text from the flashvars and put a ? is front of it then put that on the end of the link in the data attribute.

You know the page displays bad when the browser window is over about a 900 pixels?

You should try to validate that page, http://validator.w3......om/index.html there are 10 errors right now. If you need help fixing them I can help.

interpolarity

interpolarity

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
http://imindiezone.g...s.com/home.html
the location of the site changed btw...anyway, I tried doing that with the question mark but it didn't work...
I know about validation, and I'm taking it one step at a time...the first one is getting these flash objects validated...thanks for the help :whistling:

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I well I can get to open in IE at all. It always gives a blank page.
To be honest I am stumped by this one. Have you looked on the sites that you got them from to see if they offer any help?

interpolarity

interpolarity

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
Nevermind...I figured it out....
I just added...
<param name="flashvars" value="[insert flashvars here]" />
and now it works like a charm and validates...thank you!

Edited by interpolarity, 09 April 2007 - 06:10 PM.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Thanks for posting the solution :whistling:

interpolarity

interpolarity

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
no problem :whistling: