Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

serial ata controller intel d975xb2 mother board

• Please log in to reply

hac5x3

hac5x3

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
My device manager says that the "serial ata controller" is not installed. I can't find a driver for it. I am using vista 32 bit and have an Intel d975xb2 mother board. I built the computer myself but I am far from a computer expert. In fact, I don't even know what the controller exactly does. I did notice that my cd drive (which I believe I hooked up to the sata slot on the motherboard) can't read any disks. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
The Intel d975xb2 is a video card, not a motherboard. Re-check your motherboard make and model. If you don't know it or don't wish to open the PC to check it, you may perform the Crucial Memory Test, which also supplies data about your hardware and motherboard. You can find it here.

hac5x3

hac5x3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Intel D975XB2 (Extreme Series) System Board a/k/a intel 975X

http://www.intel.com...5XBX2/index.htm

Thanks!