Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Xp Error

• Please log in to reply

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
when I load up my computer it starts to load up Xp but then brings up a blue screen saying:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced startup options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x000000ED (Ox80a3daa0, 0xc0000185, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

please help.
I cannot use windows update as on the computer i am not connected to the internet.

after I restart my computer it just loads up XP perfectly but then the next time it appears again.

I have just reinstalled windows because after bringing up this message about 20 times it just constantly brought it up and would never load up windows. :) :) :) :) :) :tazz: ;) ;) :)

Advertisements

israel_guy

israel_guy

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi,

Please Insert Windows Xp's Install CD. Press F9, and there will be a menu. Select: Boot From A removeble Drive. Now it will show you Install's menu. |Press Repair. It should work. If there's any prob, just post a reply...

CJIS

CJIS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
it asks for an administrator passowrd and i dont know the password

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Password prompt always appears even if no password has been set.
Leave blank and press [ENTER]

Also look here:

http://support.micro...b;en-us;Q297185

and here:

http://support.micro...b;en-us;Q315403

CJIS

CJIS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
It says which windows installation do you want to log onto so what do i do.

CJIS

CJIS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Windows recovery didn't work