Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP SYSTEM CRASH!

• Please log in to reply

judasneon

judasneon

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi first time posting on this site so hope that I can get help from someone on here?

My problem is:
I have done a complete system wipe and reinstall, I have win xp pro with sp2
in the system I have an MSI kt7 ultra mainboard with amd ath 3200 proc, 768 Mb ddr ram,ATI radeon 9600 pro,SB audigy 2 sound,2X120gig HD maxtor's,1Xdvd-re,1Xdvd-player + floppy.

the system when running just as a desktop is great no probs, can go on the net and browse and i can play dvd's and music all the things that dont seem to put it under much stress?
Now as soon as I put any game on the system and start playing it will Hang the sys
I have a looped sound and the game freezes I have to press the reset button to restart the sys I have no control over the keyboard commands.
The error message reads as follows:

WER70eb.dir00/mini040505-1dmp
WER70eb.dir00/sysdata.xml

would this have anything to do with the cpu or cpu temp? I only get to run any game for about 2 mins max so I dont think it is but any help is greatfully recieved

Advertisements

israel_guy

israel_guy

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi,

I know the Solution. As strange as it may sound- it's your sound card. Do the following: Reboot, Press F10 or F11 (try both; I can't remember) there will be a menu there. Switch the tabs to the "System Configuration" (i'm not sure; swith between them), then, turn OFF the sound. Now launch the game. It should work. You want the sound, right? Go to the Game's Options Memu----Sound, and change the sound hardware used. Now turn on the sound again. Any problem---- post a reply. Capish?

judasneon

judasneon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
:tazz: N am8 no help at all the F11 key takes you to the boot sequence order and the delete key is the 1 that take you to the bios? been in there and all the bios settings are as is the ac97 is off so is the raid and other bits im not using are off...

I have done the drivers and they are all up to date I know that you can sometimes get a badly written driver set so might be that? so done a rollback and it still happens...
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!