Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Firewall?

• Please log in to reply

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Been using Zone Alarm on my XP and have had no problems. I did some research on the Zone Alarm site to download the free version for my Vista Home Premium system and from what I read the version for Vista is still in the Beta and only recommended to users who are tech savvy (definitely not moi!). Would love some suggestions for a Vista compatible Firewall (will pay if I have to) or is the new Vista Firewall good enough protection? Would appreciate your opinions. Thank you.

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
"Advanced" configuration:
http://articles.tech...-...eed&subj=tr

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
The Vista firewall seems very adequate so far. It's all I'm using and have had no issues with it to date. It's a lot more effective than the XP firewall and is far more configurable.