Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange internet connectivity issue...!

• Please log in to reply

Vibes*

Vibes*

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Just reformatted about 2 days ago and my computer has contracted a strange problem regarding internet connectivity...

From a fresh reboot my computer is fine, I can browse the web on firefox etc...use MSN, connect to teamspeak. When I load up a game (any game apparently) I can connect to only servers and play normally. When I close the game and load firefox, ie, msn there is no connectivity to the internet and I just get the standard "no internet" error. Teamspeak works fine though.

Some details:

Running zone alarm firewall, virus checker, spam filter etcetc...However I can't see that being the issue, I had that before I reformatted.
Im connected to the internet wirelessly via a D-Link Router.
My wireless card: Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

I've tried right clicking on the connected and selecting repair and when it (finally) connected it has the yellow '!' and says there are connectivity issues.

If anyone has an idea on what is going on and has a solution or any suggestions i'd be very grateful!

Many thanks,

Matt.

Advertisements

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
See if anything in the following link helps.

How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP Service Pack 2

Vibes*

Vibes*

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks I'll take a look!