Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TPSMain.exe

• Please log in to reply

eaterb

eaterb

• Pip
  • 3 posts
This program runs on a friend's Toshiba Laptop (Satellite 100?). He was having trouble with Spyware, etc a few weeks ago and we did quite a bit of work to clean it up. It was fine for a week or so, and then MS Office, etc began acting up.

We have corrected all of the outstanding problems. Now when he logs in the system kicks back an error (SEND/DON"T SEND) regarding TPSMAIN.EXE. This is the powersaver program. It crashes every time.

Does anyone know how to correct this error, or a place to re-download the software?

Thanks,

Brett

Advertisements

computergeek

computergeek

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Well I don't know where you could redownload that software but I don know that Toshiba includes a disk that restores everything on youjr computer. Deppending on what your friend has on his computer you may or may not want to do this.
Also, you could use system restore and remove all the spyware/adware all over again and do it more carefully.

eaterb

eaterb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks. I will check to see if he has the restore disk. Thanks for the suggestions.

Brett

njustice

njustice

• PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
Hello, go to this Link and see if this file is compatible with your Toshiba.