Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

After Reinstalled XP, its been LAGGIN like CRAZY!

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
I dont get it, I deleted everything/reformated and re-installed and my computer starts up way to slow, loads programs very slow, even when I right click it takes a very long time for the options to come up I don't understand it.

I have Spyware Doctor & Registry Mechanic and its been fixing all the problems it could, I did that before my computer was reinstalled and that usually fixed every issue. But for some reason any kind of scan hasnt helped me out.

Please help, my computer should be going a lot fasster :whistling:

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
It could be malware infection that's causing it, or some of your installed RAM has failed. For a quick memory reference, check Control Panel->System. This will tell you how much RAM has actually been detected. If you know it should be more, you have a RAM problem.

For malware infections, you need to run HijackThis this and submit it's log to the malware forum. See the "sticky" posts here: