Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

After Reinstalled XP, its been LAGGIN like CRAZY!

• Please log in to reply

Charliee03

Charliee03

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
I dont get it, I deleted everything/reformated and re-installed and my computer starts up way to slow, loads programs very slow, even when I right click it takes a very long time for the options to come up I don't understand it.

I have Spyware Doctor & Registry Mechanic and its been fixing all the problems it could, I did that before my computer was reinstalled and that usually fixed every issue. But for some reason any kind of scan hasnt helped me out.

Please help, my computer should be going a lot fasster :whistling:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
It could be malware infection that's causing it, or some of your installed RAM has failed. For a quick memory reference, check Control Panel->System. This will tell you how much RAM has actually been detected. If you know it should be more, you have a RAM problem.

For malware infections, you need to run HijackThis this and submit it's log to the malware forum. See the "sticky" posts here:
http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html