Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:12 PM
Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:54 AM
Since you re-installed Windows on your laptop you have "wiped" all the account information from the previous copy of OE that was on it. You should have made a backup of this account information (a very easy task) before using the Recovery disc. However, if you have the same account running on another PC, all is not lost.
1. Open OE on the other PC where hotmail is working okay.
2. On the menu bar click "Tools->Accounts".
3. Click "Mail" tab, highlight the 'hotmail' account and then click the "Export" button.
4. Insert a blank, formatted floppy disk or a USB flash-drive and save the export file to it.
5. Now go to your laptop and open OE.
6. Insert the floppy disk/flash drive containing the exported file.
7. Click "Tools->Accounts" on the menu bar, then click the "Mail" tab.
8. Click "Import".
9. Import the file from the floppy disk or flash drive.
That account should now work on the laptop.
Edited by pip22, 05 April 2007 - 01:55 AM.
Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:48 AM
There are other ways though - Thunderbird and the Web Mail extension set will still do it.
Posted 05 April 2007 - 12:59 PM
Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:17 PM
Hotmail does not support POP3 at all. Im not really sure how you received your email in OE from Hotmail unless you navigated to hotmail.com in OE.
In Outlook Express, all you needed to do was put your email address in and it put the server address in for you. This has been the case since at least Outlook Express 4.
Since then it has been the case that this is no longer going to be the case unless you are in pocession of a Hotmail Plus account.
Edited by Neil Jones, 05 April 2007 - 02:17 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users