Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble Opening Folders

• Please log in to reply

MonkeyUK

MonkeyUK

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have been tweaking the visual aspects of windows xp the past 3 days and everything was going the way i was hoping till suddenly i decided i wanted to chance the icons. This seemed straight-forward at first but then in a quest to change the windows typical folder icon (which i know you can't do now... at least easily), i managed to download "TweakUI" and have proceeded to destroy windows. I got most things back to how it should be but for some reason i now seem to be stuck with "Search..." being the main function on my right click menu on shortcuts and folders alike and also search is now the main function when i double click these folders. I don't know what to do to undo these changes and i really REALLY don't want to re-install windows. If anyone has a clue what i need to do then please please please help... i'll give you a very sweet little old school smiley face with the colon, dash and brackets if your nice.

monkey... thnx in advance to all who help

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to restore the system to a date before you made the changes. Go to: start > programs > accessories > system tools > system restore.

MonkeyUK

MonkeyUK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
:-) Thank you so very much. It was a simple and effective cure but I just didn't think about it. I was trying to cure the problem directly when there was such an easier way. All as good as new now. Thnx skeptic, jobs a good'n.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
You wellcome.