Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Thinking of getting a new computer with Vista...

• Please log in to reply

Matt L

Matt L

• PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
What're the differences between Windows Vista and Windows XP? The reason I ask this question is because I am going to get a new computer. The site that will build my computer has Vista and XP at the same price. I just want to know because if it's better, then I should definetly get Vista.

However, I do prefer the more simple and basic layouts and such...

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
This article may help you understand the differences and decide which OS is best for you

http://www.winsupers...tions_final.asp

cdaarch

cdaarch

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
:whistling: HALT! If you're a gamer; last time I checked Vista was far from ready (terrible driver support or non-existent for some games) - I may be a little outdated here but I don't think so.

If you are a gamer, check out the IslandGamers Word Press blog; the guy is tops where that is concerned (at least I think so but then again I am no Geek :blink:).

Island Gamers Tech and Gaming Blog

The blog offers a lot of info and views on other technology stuff and he is posting quite a bit on Vista.

Vista, when its ready for gamers should be blow-away though and the interface is SO cool! I take Ramajay's advice because I game with him. Ramajay installed Vista and was completely thrilled .... until he tried playing his favorite games; we were not able to play Neverwinter Nights because it simply would not even load for him.

screenshot_2005_07_01_13_43_34_copy.jpg

Matt L

Matt L

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
I'm probably going to get Windows Pro Media 2000 or something. Unless Vista comes up with a service pack in the near future (guessing in Summer because thats' when I'll probably end up making up my decision)

Also, how come some security programs say Windows XP and Professional only. What programs secure Vista? Or is there a certain and specific way that one secures it?