Free help from tech experts
Welcome to Geeks to Go forums. Create a FREE account now to gain access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. Best of all, registration and all assistance is 100% free! This message, and all ads will be removed once you sign in.
Create an Account Login to Account

Finding Hardware Switch

• Please log in to reply

ckmurphy

ckmurphy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Nobilis laptop computer. I do not have any manuals. The wireless connection has worked fine until yesterday. I now receive the message The Intel Pro/Wireless Network Connection is still disabled. Use your hardware switch to enable it. I read the previous post on this site, but it did not help me.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Similar Topics: Finding Hardware Switch     x

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Whats the model number of the laptop and the Operating System?

ckmurphy

ckmurphy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Model DL61
Windows XP Professional

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
i think you may have the model number wrong.... i cannot find that model anywhere? are you turning the laptop upside down and looking on the bottom..? If you are able to find a different model that way then post back and let me know. If not then lets just see if the wireless device is shown in.....

Click on START, and then RUN...... and type in: devmgmt.msc and then click the OK button.

When the device manager opens scroll down to network adapters and post back every device listed in there

also see if any of the devices have a RED X or YELLOW ! on them....

When done close out the device manager and then.....

Click on START, and then RUN...... and type in: ncpa.cpl and then click the OK button.

when the Network connections window opens check the device listed in this window against the devices listed in the device manager and let me know if they are the same, or not.

If your wireless device is listed in the network connections window then right click on it and select PROPERTIES

When the properties window opens check either the first tab or the second tab (I don't have my wireless installed right now so i cant walk along with you) for a small white box that says next to it "use windows to configure this device... blah blah blah".... make sure there is a check in that box. Was there?

If there was no check in that box, then see if you can connect now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured