Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Invalid UserID/Password Errors

• Please log in to reply

bishop610

bishop610

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I purchased a brand new Gateway GT 5028 AMD 64 BIT 3800+ Dual Core 1GB RAM 250 GB Hard Drive Dual Layer DVDRW 56 K Modem/NIC Windows Media Center in January 2007.
Everything worked perfectly with the computer until March 2007 when I all of a sudden was no longer able to access my e-mail accounts. I noticed that none of my e-mail accounts could be accessed as well as no other sites that required passwords.
All of the passwords are accurate and were being typed accurately and to this day allows access to those sites on other peoples computers ... just not mine !!!

Any IDEAS ???

I can go to the sreens that say Enter UserID and Password. When I correctly enter the correct UserID and Password, I receive an error message ... You have entered an invalid UserID and/or Password.
I have attempted to set up new accounts on this computer and the same thing happens.
The very same thing happens with such password accessible sites as YouTube and MySpace.

HELP !!!

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
What Internet Browser are you using.

bishop610

bishop610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Internet Explorer

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
IE6 or IE7

bishop610

bishop610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
IE7

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Ok try this

Go to Tools > Internet Options> advanced
Click on reset.

close then reopen Internet explore.

Test and report.

bishop610

bishop610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I tried the re-set instructions but this did not remedy the problem. The same thing still occurs. Sorry for the delays but as you should now be aware, I have no e-mail capabilities at home so I have to retrieve your responses and reply to your responses upon my return to work.

DaveC2003

DaveC2003

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Are you using Outlook or a third party vendor??

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try: internet explorer > tools > manage add-ons > disable all the add-ons and see if it makes any difference.

In internet explorer > tools set all options to default values (security, privacy advanced). In "general" delete history, cookies and files (check "delete off line files" as well). In "content" go to Auto Compete "clear forms" and "clear password"

Make sure you have all the updates from windows updates.

If all this doesn't help try to download and install firefox and see if it makes any difference.

bishop610

bishop610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Response to DaveC2003 - Yes I am using Outlook

Response to The Skeptic - Tried ALL of the suggestions - Same thing still happens

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi bishop610...

Try deleting all the Temporary Internet Files and all the stored Cookies. In IE7, these can be found by clicking "Tools" on the IE7 toolbar and choosing "Internet Options". Under the "General" tab, in the "Browsing History" section, click on the "Delete..." button.

If you are sure you remember all your passwords, you can delete all the saved passwords, as well.

Then try the sites again.

wannabe1

bishop610

bishop610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thank you Wannabe 1 ... I have already completed all of those suggestions ... that did not remedy the situation.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Do you have Java and ActiveX enabled and configured correctly?

bishop610

bishop610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Java and ActiveX are enabled and configured correctly.
Situation still remains bleak ... No E-mail Access.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
1: Have you tried to install firefox?

2: In control panel > user accounts try to create a new account and test the computer from there.