Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Invalid UserID/Password Errors

• Please log in to reply

bishop610

bishop610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
1.) Firefox installed.
2.) New User Account created.

Problem unsolved.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to boot the computer in "safe mode with networking" (tap F8 repeatedly upon bootup). Login as Administrator (not your private account). Connect to the internet and try your user accounts and passwords.

bishop610

bishop610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I booted computer in safe mode with networking.
I logged in as Administrator; however, I was not able to connect to the internet from here.
I logged back in the regular way, accessed the internet, but still could not access password protected sites.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Have you tried resetting the passwords.
Is the keyboard functional.

bishop610

bishop610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Passwords reset.
New Accounts created.
My keyboard successfully works on other computers.
Other keyboards used with my computer did not make a difference.
I still am unable to access password protected sites.
Everyone please keep in mind that I can successfully access all of my e-mail accounts from other computers so there is absolutely nothing wrong with my user Id's or my passwords.

Thank You

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
IE7 can alter your router and network connection settings during install. Make sure everything is reset back to where it was before. If you use a router and your ISP uses PPPoE or PPPoA make sure it wasn't changed in the router settings. Many websites are coded to only recognize upto IE6. You may need to change the UserAgentString.

User Agent String Utility version 2

Internet Explorer 7: Security

bishop610

bishop610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
This computer is brand new as of January 2007.
Most applications were pre-installed at the place of purchase.
The computer worked fine for the first two months.
IE7 came on the computer and did not hinder e-mail access in the beginning.
I was able to access all of my e-mail accounts as well as other password protected sites.
I do not use a router as I do not have another computer(desktop or laptop) in my home.
I have not knowingly changed any of the original settings for this computer other than those suggested by Geeks To Go.

Thanks

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
What firewall are you using. Have you changed firewall or firewall settings lately. Please list all antimalware programs that you are using, particularly those with real time protection.

Please download, update and run Spybot Search and Destroy, AVG antispyware and Ad-Aware SE. Also run your Antivirus. Run a full scan in safe mofe. Run the programs one at a time. (links in my signature)

Edited by The Skeptic, 20 April 2007 - 11:47 PM.