Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft office installs without my permission!

• Please log in to reply

shambah

shambah

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
This will sound pretty strange, but Microsoft office (2000) pops up an installer every half an hour or so. It will attempt to install something. If you dont cancel it, it ends up saying that it was unable to install.. I dont know why it is continuously popping up! But it slows everything down when it does, and its very annoying! Any help is much appreciated!

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi, shambah. Welcome to Geeks to Go!

I see that kind of thing periodically, too, and not just with Microsoft.

Is Microsoft Office 2000 a program you have installed and use? If you don't use it, uninstall it.

If you do use it, put your Office 2000 disk in the CD-ROM drive and allow it to finish the install. If that doesn't fix it, you may need to uninstall/reinstall it.

shambah

shambah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Yeh i do use it.. Lol i havent updated my office edition in quite some time lol! Thanks i will give it a shot and let you know how it goes

shambah

shambah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Ok i did what you said, and it worked! thanks for the help!!! :whistling: