Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Odd Problem with Log on Being Logged Out Automatically

• Please log in to reply

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Forum
An Odd Problem when i Log on Here G.T.G and go to the forums IE Windows and then the Random Discussion Forum i am getting logged out without Clicking log out and my Name still being on the Member's Board the other thing i Noticed the other Day was the text at the bottom of the Forum where the Member's Names Appear has got bigger without me changing any of the settings and the Box that appears when you Log on and you can Click the link so you don't have to wait is Also Bigger this has just been since the Upgrade of the Forum Software is anyone else having Strange things Happening and what can i do to Fix it I would Appreciate any Help or Advice Thank You

:whistling: Cheyenne 09 :blink:

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Check to see what Mode you're in just in case it got changed. I use the Standard mode on this forum. As to the log out problem, any changes made in your browser settings? Try adding GTG to your Allowed sites under the Privacy tab in IE. maybe this will help.

Ron

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Major Payne
First of all Thank you for Answering my post the problem has just started in the last week my settings here are on Standard i have just added Geeks to go to my Allowed Sites under the Privacy tab in IE when i go from one forum to a another i get logged off but still appear on the Member's Board can you tell me why or how this is happening. I would Appreciate your Advice Thank You

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Any chance you're having cookies cleared when you close your browser? There is a box to clear Temporary Internet Files under the Advanced tab. That part is under the Security section as you scroll down. Don't think this clears cookies tho. I'm using IE 7.0 so hope this info is current in case you have IE 6.0. Try downloading Firefox and see if you have the same problem. Pretty much out of ideas at this point, but can ask someone else to help you out if FF does the same thing.

I had this problem last year, but it cleared up for me. Probably something I did to settings in FF. Just don't remember. I rarely use IE except when necessary.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 06 April 2007 - 04:22 PM.

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Major Payne
Thank you for answering so quickly i don't have my settings set on auto to clear my cookies and don't use Internet Explorer Directly as i use AOL browser is Firefox better and how do i set it up it is very Frustrating having to sign in all the Time. I hope i didn't confuse you can i ask if you prefer being Called Major Payne or Ron Thank you Very Much for your Help

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi:

I can't offer any help with AOL's browser. Haven't used much of AOL anything in years. The default settings for FF are good. Some tweaking as to certain preferences may be needed. Download FF here. There are a lot of nice Extensions and Plugins available for FF that you might like.

Ron is just fine.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 06 April 2007 - 09:39 PM.

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Ron
I have just Downloaded Firefox and now going to install it. You've been an Excellent Help Thank You very much Ron.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I'm sure you will like FF. I can even close my browser and open it later and I am still logged intp GTG.

Ron

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Ron
I am also able to close my browser and open it later which is good a small Question can i receive my Email through Firefox and how i do that and how do i make sure it's Secure while online as it seams easy to use and i don't have the Text Problem through Firefox Thanks Ron your brilliant.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi Cheyenne:

There may be an extension for getting an email notification in Firefox. Did you have a browser that acted as an Email Client too? I never thought about using the browser other then checking in online when necessary. Like my free Hotmail account requires online check in since Micro$oft cut off access even by Outlook Express. Will check extensions for this and get back to you. Maybe not brilliant, but a small glow. :whistling:

Ron

P.S.

Here's some Email Extensions: FF Extensions.. You might be interested in the WebMail Notifier.

Edited by Major Payne, 08 April 2007 - 05:34 PM.

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Ron
I don't really know a lot about browser's do i still have to use my ISP AOL to get my Email or can i get it through Firefox Thank you for checking things out for me and you are definitely brilliant Ron by No means a small Glow it is also Great to be Appreciated your Credit is well deserved Ron and i will have a look at the Email Extensions FF Extensions and at the WebMail Notifier.I really Appreciate your Advice Thank You. Ron

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're most welcome.

FF is strictly a browser, but you can check into AOL's mail using your screen name and password. I check into my AIM mail account when I get notified there's mail via Trillian. The extensions I listed should allow for mail notifications. think one of them will allow you to set up different accounts. I don't use these extensions in FF as Trillian let me know when I have email in all my accounts.

Ron

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Ron
I really Appreciate all the Advice you have given me i will keep using Firefox and set up an account for Email and let you know if i have any problems would you mind if i add you to my Friends List Thank you I have really Appreciated all your Advice Thank You. You are Brilliant Ron and most Kind

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
No problem adding me to your Friend's list. Let me know how it goes with FF.

Ron