Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Convert PDF to Word?

• Please log in to reply

leedownen123

leedownen123

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Hi,

I use Foxit PDF reader and I was looking for a free way to convert the document from PDF format to Word format. Does anyone know of anything like this?

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi, leedownen123.

Check out this link to a search I did on download.com for "convert PDF to Word". Some of these are freeware and some are not.

Alternatively, if you have a scanner with OCR software, you can scan the document into OCR and maybe, if the OCR software is good enough, it will convert it fairly accurately.

Good luck!

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Yes I also searched that on Download.com and got the same results...but I need to get an important document converted to a word or text document ASAP, so I don't have time to test a couple of applications to see which one works easy and efficiently. I posted here looking for a response from someone who had a specific program in mind and had had a good experience with it. Would you happen to have anything in mind for something like that?

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
At my office we use Nuance (formerly Scansoft) Paperport. It's a commercial product, but does a pretty good job of converting from one file type to another. I've found it to be a resource hog.

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Thank you for your help. I found one called Solid Converter PDF that works quite nicely.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Excellent! Thanks for letting us know :whistling: