Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recommended Router

• Please log in to reply

keki03

keki03

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I have a Linksys WRT54G v6 wireless router. I bought it back in August, I believe. I wasn't having too much trouble with it until January. My wireless connection became very iffy, so I upgraded the firmware...or tried to. I kept getting a message that the upgrade failed. So a couple of days later I tried again and it went through. But my wireless was still iffy.
Recently I reset the router, and I can barely get into the configuration page. I can't connect to the internet wirelessly or wired. I'm thinking I may need to get a new router, and I was just wondering if there is a router that's recommended. Or, is there any way to save the one I have?

Thank you!

Advertisements

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Your router may still be under warranty. That would save you some money. I usually go with D-Link or Linksys just because they're available everywhere.

Guest_jwinathome_*

Guest_jwinathome_*
First of all, how is your Internet connection when it is plugged straight into the modem? Bypassing the router altogether...?

Edited by jwinathome, 10 April 2007 - 06:38 AM.

keki03

keki03

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
When I connect my desktop directly to the cable modem, my internet is just fine.
I did end up doing some more troubleshooting the other night. I ended up cloning the MAC on my desktop, and I was able to connect to the internet from the desktop through the router. I connected my laptop to the router also with an ethernet cable, and it worked. But once I tried to connect wirelessly, everything stopped working again.