Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lexmark z25 on Windows Vista

• Please log in to reply

lpricardo

lpricardo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows Vista on it. I have an extra printer on my house, Lexmark z25,z35, wich i want to use on my new laptop. The problem is although i complete installation with the software cd, I still can't print anything. It's set as default printer and everything, but a message shows saying: "Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup."

I think maybe Windows Vista isn't compatible with the printer, wich i hope and don't really think is the case, but then again....

Could anyone help me please?

Thanks,

Ricardo.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
for a complete list of Lexmark Vista Drivers: http://www.lexmark.c...89_0_en,00.html

However, The Z25 is a 10 year old printer. Lexmark are writing drivers for printers issued in the last 5 years. They cannot support models for which their research shows there are only a couple of users, it's not economically viable.

lpricardo

lpricardo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ohh ok, I see...

I have windows XP on my desktop. I should be able to install it there, right?

Thanks!!

Ricardo

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
yes. XP should support it just fine.