Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Transferring Fonts from one Computer to another

• Please log in to reply

anhhai

anhhai

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I am contemplating a new computer(not sure which one yet) but the computer came with, of course, standard fonts. I have, however, added quite a number of interesting fonts that I want to keep. The problem(question) is how to transfer those to the new computer when I do get it. Yes, I can go to Disk C and bring up fonts and copy them and send them to a CD or a flash drive and then download them when I want to put them onto the new Computer. Some of the fonts, however, may be "default" with the new computer.. in fact, most of them might be that computer's default fonts. If I transfer the whole file to the new font file, will it automatically reject those that are default or do I have to install one at a time?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If you are transferring fonts that the new computer already has, you will get a window asking you if you want to replace the old font with the new font for every font file that is the same. Therefore it is easier to delete any standard XP fonts fron the ones you saved.

Heres the list of fonts that come with XP.

http://www.microsoft...fonts/winxp.htm

SRX660

anhhai

anhhai

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
OH great.. That was very helplful.. I will do just that...... Thanks for the GREAT help....... Norm

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
wrong thread

Edited by moondog830, 03 February 2011 - 08:49 AM.