Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

right click mouse to select or highlight

• Please log in to reply

johnsep59

johnsep59

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Lately, out of the blue as far as I know, right clicking my mouse will not highlight a selection when I want to copy and paste. Anyone know a quick easy answer to this? Did I inadvertantly change a setting?

johnsep59

Advertisements

pyron81

pyron81

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go,

Did it work before in the past? Try this if it did:
1. Open Notepad
2. Write some characters
3. Attempt to copy the characters by selecting them even if you don't see the blue highlight.
4. Paste them.

Did it paste?

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to do but in the Control Panel > Mouse options, there is an option to switch the left and right buttons for a left handed person. You would be able to highlight with the right click then.

johnsep59

johnsep59

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
johnsep59 here again. Ok I guess I mispoke. I CAN highlight as usual with the left click. What is different is that when I then immediatly right click to bring up the option to copy I now get no response. I just now played with it some more. I realize now that if I slow down and try it again - waiting a few seconds between each right click- if finally brings up the box with "copy" as one of the choices etc.

Ok and now I am thinking that it appears that the right click seems to simply need more pressure to 'connect'.

So sorry. Never mind. I guess I jumped to concluding I had a more mysterious problem than I have. Thank you for trying to help.

Neat site. I just googled my problem and this site came up. Had never heard of it before.

johnsep59