Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player 10 Video Codec Question

• Please log in to reply

CleverStupidity

CleverStupidity

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a computer with Windows XP Professional, Office XP, Encyclopaedia Britannica, but sadly enough, no internet connection. :tazz:

I'm having problems with Windows Media Player 10. I downloaded it on my internet-accessible computer and transfered the exe by way of flash drive to my internet-inept computer and installed it. ;)

When I try to play WMV files, I get the error message that I don't have the correct codecs installed, and Windows stupidly suggests for me to download them over the internet. :) Well oh-so-ignorant-operating-system, it just so happens I DON'T HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION!

So, that brings me to my question: Is there a way to download a file online for an offline installation of the needed codecs? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks. ;)

Advertisements