Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Connection not linking to computer

• Please log in to reply

colojd

colojd

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I use DSL - The DSL modum appears to be working (I will try it with a laptop later) - sometimes the icon on the computer indicateds conductivity - other times no. But I have no access to the internet in any event. The ethernet light on the DSL modem is constantly flashing which is unusal. I recently downloaded and used Limewire (perhaps a big mistake) and downloaded some items (perhaps a bigger mistake) I ran virus check and system restore but no luck. Was thinking of deleting the LAN connection and installing a new one - but don't know if that is a good idea or how to do it. Help and thanks.

Advertisements

Guest_jwinathome_*

Guest_jwinathome_*
If you go....

START > Run > Type CMD then hit enter...

At the prompt type IPCONFIG, then post the results back to the thread.

colojd

colojd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for your response - What I ended up doing was uninstallng and then reinstalling the intel proset ethernet driver. Seemed to do the trick - Whew. Not sure what messed it up.

Guest_jwinathome_*

Guest_jwinathome_*
I find that reinstalling things works a great bit of the time.

There are too many things to count that can mess up an internet connection. Be sure to watch it closely in case it happens again, you might catch what caused it.

Kudos on the fix!