Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

forgot my windows login password!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Teresa Tanner

Teresa Tanner

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
okay guys i need help!!!! my friend gave me her computer and iv stayed logged in for a month now and stupid me loged out and then when it loged in it said her name and asking for a password. and she doesnt remember it and the hint isnt working either!!

is there a way to get around it?? is there a default password? someone help soon!!!

theres no guest account made

and my friend said to press f8 and then go to safe mode then adminstater leave password blank and see if it works

it didnt :whistling: there was a password set to adminstator

and my friend does not have no clue what it is!!!

does this mean im locked out forever?????

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
In a word, NO. There is not default password, your frined will just have to wake up at three in the morning with the correct password, and for gosh sakes write it down, just like the rest of us who have forgotten passwords.

Teresa Tanner

Teresa Tanner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
what if she never remembers it??

i never can get in my computer again?

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Please understand that this is a sensitive issue. Your case is likely just as you describe. However, we have no way of knowing for sure that it does not belong in the category of: "Hi. I just stole this laptop and want to know how to break in." Passwords are set for good reason. It would be irresponsible to help someone defeat them without verifying ownership. I suggest that if your friend has had any work done on the machine in the past, that she take it into that shop where she is known to be the owner and have them correct the problem. It is very unlikely that they would do it for you unless she has provided documented evidence transferring ownership to your name.

tamasue

tamasue

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have the same problem. I change my password cause of my kids. I have to change it because they can sometimes figure it out. Now I can't remember what it is. There has got to be an easy way to get around it and not mess up your files. As far as me taking into a shop that has seen it before, not an option, theyn went out of business. Anything else?????

sharlpero

sharlpero

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Hope my message won't be deleted, cos everyone can find this infomation:
Removed link