Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Burning CD's

• Please log in to reply

snickers

snickers

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I'm new to burning CD's and wanted a little advice. What type of CD is better for this; CD-R or CD-RW, and what brand or specifcations are better? After you burn some songs to a CD is it possible to go back to that CD at a later time and add more songs to it?

Advertisements

DMME

DMME

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
CD-RW are Re-writable discs. Meaning, you can put more or take off songs from the CD after you have already burned onto it. You cannot rewrite to a regular CD-R or CD+R disc.

snickers

snickers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I burned some songs onto a CD-RW disc, but was unable to add songs to it later. When I tried to add songs in the Roxio program, it said that the disc was not blank and asked if I wanted to erase disk. Is there anyway to add songs, without erasing the contents of disc? The disc I have is 4X, 700 MB, 80 min; are these appropriate specs?

Edited by snickers, 08 April 2007 - 08:25 AM.

DMME

DMME

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
oohh. No, I don't think you can sorry. I don't use CD-RW/+RW discs that much, so maybe there is some sort of way to do that. From what I know though, you can't.

:whistling:

snickers

snickers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
So, do you mainly use CD-R discs? Is that a better choice?