Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Newbie Online Business Question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Billy W.

Billy W.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am less than a newbie when it comes to Business Web Integration. Can I get some help from some experts? I am a business partner in a brand-newly started adult entertainment business. I was told by my business partners that we had to get a website going for the business. They told me that in order to get the site up and running, we needed a server and hosting capabilities, then proceeded to tell me nobody will let adult sites reside on their servers, so we had to buy our own for $5,000. Apparently this covers "everything."

Is this right? Seems to me I can get off the ground for less than $5,000. Can someone give me a quick list with estimated costs to get something like this up and running? We want the capability to show videos, live videos and pictures as well as selling items on-line as well to name a few things.

Why would we need our OWN server to do this.....I guess I just don't understand because I am putting out the money for the project.

Please help me understand - a general itemized list would help. I just want to be somewhat intelligent when I hear them talk about this stuff.

Am I being duped?

Thanks in advance for bringing me "up to speed."

Billy W.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
This may be a little out dated, but seems pertinent to your questions:

The Hidden Costs of Client/Server

Related:
Product Server Price - Hardware
IBM Server Price Guide

Other then this, I'll not be of much help.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 07 April 2007 - 09:40 PM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Helping someone setup an adult website is against the family friendly nature of this forum. Also, many adult websites are forced to use advertisers that install malware. Something that we spend a lot of time removing.

Topic closed.