Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

not turning on

• Please log in to reply

HamburgrHelpr08

HamburgrHelpr08

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
ok. so it was working yesturday and i go and turn it on this morning and nothing happens. i have switched powers slots fliped on and off the power supply switch changed power cabbles. the motherboard lights turn on normaly but the thing wont even boot.
i have a DFI lanparti nf4 unltra-d

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Looks like your power supply unit is gone. Quite often it happens without any warning. Disconnect from the power supply, open the box and make sure that all the connectors that run out of the psu are well connected, especially the large one that connects to the motherboard. Also check that the ram modules are well secured. It's even better to take the modules out, wipe them carefully clean and use a soft brush to clean the slots. If that doesn't help you will have to replace the psu or, if you are handy and have good friends, borrow one and install it on your computer for test purpose.

There are other possibilities such as faulty cpu or motherboard but I am almost convinced that the problem is with the psu.