Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system tray questions

• Please log in to reply

drew2815

drew2815

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
when my computer starts up i have my internet, norton antivirus, win patrol, and my dell printer. I was wondering if my printer and win patrol have to start on startup? wouldnt my printer just start when i need to print something out? and for win patrol, if i needed to make some changes using win patrol couldnt it just start up then?

Advertisements

drew2815

drew2815

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
when my computer starts up i have my internet, norton, win patrol, and my dell printer in the SYSTEM TRAY. sorry for the error

drew2815

drew2815

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Another question. In the registry under HKEY_Local Machince/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Run, there is a thing in there that is called type32. Whats that? And also, in HKEY_Local Machince/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Run- there are things in there that are called diagent, NvcplDaemon, and NVMediaCenter. What are those?
please help.

drew2815

drew2815

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
i figured out what type32 is but i still am not sure on the other ones.

drew2815

drew2815

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
hello? can anyone tell me if win patrol and my printer need to start on startup and what those things are in run in the registry??????????????