Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Start up Error

• Please log in to reply

AaronPwner

AaronPwner

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
I currently moved my second monitor back into this room and hooked it up. The first few nights of having it back was fine with no errors, but just recently when i log into my user account i get the error "Windows has recovered from a serious error" and the options to send it to windows or not.
Ive never had this issue before i re-installed my 2nd monitor or when i had them both connected before i upgraded my PC.
Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Do you have two monitors connected to the computer now? What was the upgrade that you made? Changed or added hardware, drivers, a new operating system? Please give us some more details including cpu type, memory size, HD size and how nuch free space is left, type of video card, operating system.

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
Please also check the Event Viewer in the Administrative Tools that is located in the Control Panel. Right click on the errors mark with an X and select Properties, and post the last days error results here.

Edited by acklan, 08 April 2007 - 04:35 AM.

AaronPwner

AaronPwner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Yes i still have both monitors connected. When i did upgrade i upgraded case, Mobo (PCCHIPS AI31G i do believe), Cpu (Mobile AMD Athlon XP-M, 1600 MHz (8 x 200)), New copy of XP and, Ram (DDR 400). I have the left monitor connected to my NVIDIA FX5500 and my right monitor connected to the integrated SiS Card. I have 19.5G left on my main HDD and 8.37G left on my secondary HDD, but ive never had any issues with dual monitors before i upgraded so im a bit confused on whats wrong.

I had 2 (The IP address lease 192.168.1.64 for the Network Card with network address 0016EC4C6944 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.0.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....nk/events.asp.) Errors as well as 2

(The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible. No attempt to contact a source will be made for 14 minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....nk/events.asp.)

Later in the day i got 5 more DHCP erros.
The day before i had a system error as follows.
(Error code 100000d1, parameter1 e183101a, parameter2 00000006, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 f72d5068.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....nk/events.asp.)

Edited by AaronPwner, 08 April 2007 - 07:46 PM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
It seems that the problem is with your LAN communication card.

1: Please look and report errors in Administratiove tools as suggested by acklan.

2: Re-install the driver for your lan card.

AaronPwner

AaronPwner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Tonight when i came back and woke my pc up it restarted before even loading my user selection screen. When i booted into windows I got the same error that Windows has recovered from a serious issue. This time i was about to grab the Error Signature as follows

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : E17E301A BCP2 : 00000006 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : F72D5068 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

and the Error report contents as follows

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa2d8.dir00\Mini041007-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa2d8.dir00\sysdata.xml

I did not get time to check the two files out as i had to leave once i got the information, but it should help you guys a bit =).

*EDIT*
Ok i got back on and checked the two files and im at a loss. I mess with computers alot but the sysdata has nothing out of the ordinary in it so im not sure whats going on.

Edited by AaronPwner, 10 April 2007 - 02:00 AM.

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
By chance are you using Hibernation Mode? If you are that may be the problem.

Microsoft Knowledge Base #831691

AaronPwner

AaronPwner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
I read the causes for this, and i have never installed any component with my PC in Hibernation mode so im really not sure whats going on.

AaronPwner

AaronPwner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
I read the causes for this, and i have never installed any component with my PC in Hibernation mode so im really not sure whats going on.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
I just noticed now that you connected one monitor to the fx5500 video card and the other one to the integrated sis video. If you want to use two monitors both should be connected to the fx 5500, one to the DVI connection and one the "normal" connection.

AaronPwner

AaronPwner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
The last configuration i used was one to the integrated and one to the installed and it worked fine. Which leaves me baffled as to whats wrong now. I've never had this issue with any computers i have set up for anyone i know though this time its somewhat confusing.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Please try what I suggested.

AaronPwner

AaronPwner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
I do not have DVI monitor to use so I took the secondary monitor off, and still have the same issue so still at a loss.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
OK now at least we know that the problem is not related to the monitor.

1: Enter device manager and see if all the drivers are installed and no question or exclamation mark near any of them.

2: Use this link to get some idea about BCCode 100000d1.

3: Disconnect all peripherials that are not essential (printer, camera, all usb devices etc.) and see if the problem happens again.

5: In device manager disable sis video controller.

5: Reinstall the motherboard drivers that are your drivers cd.

6: Reinstall video card drivers.