Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error Message at startup

• Please log in to reply

dreed2440

dreed2440

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I recently started receiving this error message at startup on my Toshiba Satellite laptop, model A105-S2051 running Win XP Home Ed. Although it takes a long time to boot up I don't see any other problem. Any help is appreciated.

"The system DLL user 32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not
run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\windows\system\HHCTRL.OCX
occupied an address range reserved for windows system DLL's. The vendor supplying the DLL
should be contacted for a new DLL."

Advertisements

Area 51

Area 51

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
I am getting the same thing on my laptop, I system restored it back a couple of weeks and it didn't do it anymore. But when it said I had an update to install and to restart the computer it did it again, so I think it's something to do with the update I just put on.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
There's an update from MS already for this problem, look down the page a bit and you should be able to find it. Or just run Updates and see if it comes up. It was an MS goof that causes it, on some XP and Vista machines.

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
It has been answered here. Install the added update listed.

http://www.geekstogo...on-t154136.html