Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lexmark 1150 And SP2 issues

• Please log in to reply

Wideejay

Wideejay

• Pip
  • 3 posts
After I installed SP2 on my computer, the printing function on my Lexmark 1150 All In One is not longer recognized. I get an error message that the computer cannot communicate with the printer. The scanner function still works fine. If I uninstall SP2, all functions work on my all in one. Anyone besides me having this problem? Any suggestions appreciated.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
have you uninstalled the printer then reinstalled.
have you checked lexmark for updated printer driver to work with sp2

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Try this link
Lexmark update drivers

Wideejay

Wideejay

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry I didn't say that I had tried replacing the drivers, contacting Lexmark and Microsoft, adding a USB2 port, uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it. Nothing worked so I thought that maybe I could find someone here that might have had the same problem and solved it. I really appreciate the suggestions so far but I really need more help. :tazz:

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
I Think this might help you
please let me know how you go - good or badLexmark Multi function
Cheers
Peter

Wideejay

Wideejay

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks Peter I tried it but it didn't help. I called MS today and spent almost three hours with them. The guy was nice and tried to be helpful but the bottom line is that I was told there are "issues" with Lexmark All-In-One printers and that I should contact them for drivers that support the SP2 upgrade. Well, I did contact Lexmark but past experience leads me to believe that I will have more smoke blown up my butt! :tazz: If you come across any more information, please pass it on. I appreciate it.
Jerry

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
I will keep on searching