Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

l.sass.exe error

• Please log in to reply

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
the windows xp installation routine gives you the option of deleting partitions (see image 4).

Or

You can boot with a windows 98 boot disk (www.bootdisk.com), and run Fdisk at the prompt.

Fdisk will note it cannot find a drive because you are using a non fat partition...continue on.

Choose DELEte (think it is 3rd choice)

Then choose Delete NON-dos partion...no idea, probably last.

Follow the prompts

Advertisements

ljkeith

ljkeith

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry I thought I had attached the patches, goto microsoft and download these two files KB828741-x86-ENU and KB835732-x86-ENU

ljkeith

ljkeith

• Pip
  • 3 posts
You don't have to format nor delete any partitions. THIS WILL WORK! You must do the updates now or you will receive the lsass error and it will reboot. :tazz:

jdm

jdm

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
Dawn,

Here are the patches:

http://www.rm.com/Su...DWN222592&nav=0

(you have to scroll down until you see the download (it's the second download; the one for XP).

and...

http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

Dawn2005

Dawn2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Well I'm back, 2 brand new partitions, xp installed without a hitch, I still have to reboot to see if I get the error. I downloaded the 2 patches but I already had them, when I was installing them, it said I did not need them. I have service pack 2 installed so this is probably why. thanks anyway. I'm gonna get ad-aware again and then shut down for 10 mins and see what happens on reboot. thanks for all the help and my fingers are crossed.

Dawn

Dawn2005

Dawn2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
:tazz: Yahoo, everything seems to be working good. shut down for 10 mins or more rebooted and had no error message, my display was normal. The only thing I can see that came back from before is that Resident Shield in AVG did not load again. I ran the installation repair and then it did load. It said I had one warning.

I cannot thank you enough for your help. This is the first time I have partitioned a harddrive. I did it through XP and it seemed to go fine. Afew tense moments with all the are you sures and stuff. I still have to format my D drive. I left it raw so windows could install on C and will deal with it later.

Great Web site, thanks a ton.

Dawn

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
best way to partition the last part is right click MY COMPUTER, choose MANAGE, choose DISK MANAGEMENT, then select the unallocated space and choose NEW PARTITION.

This is much faster--and less likely to result in an ugly accident.

For the record, guys, this was not the lsass error we've all come to know and love...this was a partition table error.

The key points were the 0x0000008 error and the fact the chkdsk would not complete.

Dawn2005

Dawn2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hello again,

I just rebooted again, I had no lsass error and pc did not shut down but my display was messed up again. I have to update my video drivers and hope that solves this problem, if not tommorrow I buy a new hd (again) and run this one as my slave. I am still much further ahead than I have been for 6 weeks or so in just 24 hours so I can deal with the display. AVG also said I had warning error 0x80041010. I have go back MS Knowledge base and check this one out. Should be interesting.

Any ideas on this warning error?

Thx, Dawn :tazz:

Dawn2005

Dawn2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Of course that error is for Windows 2000 server, no even remotely close to me. I have found alot of my errors are directed to the NT and Win 2000 server pkgs. Hmmm maybe they need to look at this it cannot be only me.

Cheers, Dawn :tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
start > run
services.msc
enter

look at application and system for Red Xs

Advertisements

Dawn2005

Dawn2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
i do not have a virus, I am running servicepack 2, i reinstalled tonight and the l.sass error is now gone, the only problem I am having is with my display, which I will update the drivers tomorrow, hopefull this works. I have run the sasser tool from MS, I have run every virus scanner known to man kind. I have today deleted both partitions and recreated new ones and all is good except display, I have downloaded the patches from microsoft as recommended in an earlier post and it says i already have them. ai think they are for service pack 1. I have automatic updates turned on at all times. I also tried spysweeper and it locked up my pc. Thanks everyone, I'm gonna hit the hay and after work tomorrow I'll have another look at my worst enemy right now.

:tazz:
Dawn

Dawn2005

Dawn2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Another new day and the problems are back, guess I shoun't have went to bed last night. I guess the next step is to fdisk, can't get this stupid thing to boot from floppy, changed all the settings and still booting from C on me. Can I just turn off lsass in the processed and see what happens? Bad idea?

Dawn :tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
dawn, sorry, I messed up above.

it was
start > run
eventvwr.msc

Then look for REd Xs in applications and system

oops