Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

l.sass.exe error

• Please log in to reply

Dawn2005

Dawn2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I can follow that no problem, I'll print it out and just go step by step, that is if my printer will actually print? Who knows?

I've got my old cannon bjc 210 hooked up still, drivers in windows so it should work.

I think I may leave this mess for tommorow tho. Not sure yet!! Patience running real low, and I agree with you I think XP has messed up the partitions big time.

Dawn

Advertisements

jdm

jdm

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

Another new day and the problems are back, guess I shoun't have went to bed last night.  I guess the next step is to fdisk, can't get this stupid thing to boot from floppy, changed all the settings and still booting from C on me.  Can I just turn off lsass in the processed and see what happens?  Bad idea?

Dawn :tazz:

View Post

Dawn,

Why oh why did you go to bed last night? You just HAD to sleep, didn't you?! (teasing!)

This might be a ridiculous prospect to consider, but a friend of mine had the I.SASS.EXE trojan and I.SASS.EXE looks very similar to l.SASS.EXE. Just checking to make sure you don't see an I.SASS.EXE anywhere on your system. You'd likely see it running under the "Processes" tab in Task Manager.

Jeff

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
wait, I thought you couldn't log in?
Can you isolate those that occured near your problem? Is it still l.sass error?

Dawn2005

Dawn2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
yah I've checked all that, ran the sasser tool from MS and all. It's not even acting like the sasser virus, it doesn't shutme down, I have to reboot 2x's today to get everything up and running, which is better that yesterday where I was shutting down 5x's to get display. I have had the lsass.exe-system error 2x's since reinstalling last night, and I oh so thought all was good, but noooo not with this machine. Oh well a new learning curve each day.

Dawn

Dawn2005

Dawn2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
still lsass error not as often and booting is easier

Dawn

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts

Dawn,

Why oh why did you go to bed last night?  You just HAD to sleep, didn't you?!  (teasing!)

This might be a ridiculous prospect to consider, but a friend of mine had the I.SASS.EXE trojan and I.SASS.EXE looks very similar to l.SASS.EXE.  Just checking to make sure you don't see an I.SASS.EXE anywhere on your system.  You'd likely see it running under the "Processes" tab in Task Manager.

Jeff

View Post

Jeff,

Dawn wiped out and partitioned the drive....even if the isass.exe trojan were there, it would not have survied the partitioning process.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I've long since foregotten the starting point...is this a new drive or old one?

Dawn2005

Dawn2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
It was new about 6 weeks ago, I've forgotten the starting point also, and I'm not gonna bother you again today and unless somethng relly good happens. Truthfully I'm sick of this hd and have considered tossing it out the front window. I think I'll go enjoy some sunshine and forget it for a while. I'm going to do the low level format if I kill it, oh well, doesn't work right anyways, really never has. Thanks again and I'll talk to you soon.

Dawn

jdm

jdm

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

Jeff,

Dawn wiped out and partitioned the drive....even if the isass.exe trojan were there, it would not have survied the partitioning process.

View Post

Gerry,

Thanks, Gerry. I figured that too. I just wasn't sure all she's been doing with the computer since the partitioning process. I've known people who have gotten nasty trojans while using P2P software and reinstalled Windows, only to have the same (or similar) trojan appear again, less than 24 hours later, because they went out and re-downloaded (unknowingly, of course) the same thing that caused the first problem.

Jeff

Dawn2005

Dawn2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hello all, :tazz: ;) ;)

I am back 4 days later and all looks good tonight. My son was over and we went over everything I have done and all the formats and he turned the clock speed down and now after who knows how many installs of windows all looks good. We have just rebooted 3 times and no errors. Best part is, pc has been over clocked for a long, long time. Well as they say, LIVE AND LEARN, believe me I have learned. As I said before, tomorrow is a new day. Thanks again Jerry for all your help and I hope the sun is shining in your part of the world. We spent the weekend out on the motorbike, but now it is cold and the work week calls again.

Thx, Dawn

Advertisements