Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

msn and switches

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

IO-error

IO-error

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Hello there.

I was hoping msn had some switches (options) which could be given to the program when it starts.
For example, some programs have switches that allow it to boot for a single operation.
Well, does msn have switches for giving a user name and password?
So msn can boot to login [email protected] with a given password.

If anybody know a list of usable switches, I'd be happy.
I tried google btw and couldn't find anything relevant.

Thnx already.

***EDIT***
A lot of people would suggest to use the auto-login option, but I am sharing this pc with more people.
So I'm using a shortcut to msn that can be opened with a hotkey, like CTRL+ALT+/
In the shortcut you can give switches to programs, so it could be useful on msn.

And FYI, I love the spell-checking option, it's really cool. I'd suggest to make it possible to suggest words for adding it to the library.

Edited by IO-error, 08 April 2007 - 03:52 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
can you say SECURITY HOLE. Sure, I knew you could. The last thing msn needs is for a password to be IN CLEAR TEXT.

:whistling:

Short answer: there are none for what you want. the only command line switches are for install and uninstall.

IO-error

IO-error

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Then you never even took the time to check msconfig and see there IS another one...

/background

IO-error

IO-error

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Is there any way to talk to msn, through some way?
Like let it open the options menu without clicking the Tools/Option menu.
I know it could be abused, but that's not my intention at all.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
As a geek u member, you should know that security comes first. I can't fathom what your intentions are. You admitted that this information could be misused. That is the very reason it will not be provided.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.