Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Registary Fixes

• Please log in to reply

Danawar

Danawar

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Any one know any free registary fixers?

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
A registry fix is a file that can be written by anyone. Its purpose is to fix something specific in your registry... maybe someone here could help you if you tell us what needs to be fixed.

Danawar

Danawar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I dont know what registarys are damaged but i think there are some that are. 'A registry fix is a file that can be written by anyone' i cant :whistling:

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Why do you think that?

And I should have phrased that sentence like this: A registry fix is a file that can be written by anyone who knows how. :whistling:

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
The real question is why do you feel that you need to "fix" your registry? What is the problem? There are actually tons of free "fixes" available for all kinds of situations, but unless we know what issue to address they are of no help. Unfortunately, there is no program that can accurately scan your computer and "make everything work right." The registry contains thousands of entries pertaining to every aspect of your particular system and its configuration, down to the name of the last folder you created and which files it contains. Please post back with more information about the problems you are having, and give as many details as you can. Please also include the basic facts about your computer and its software environment. Once we understand the problem we can assist you in correcting it, even if it requires a change to the Registry. It is very dangerous to make changes to the registry without specific purpose and understanding. One can easily render the system inoperable.

Danawar

Danawar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I was trying to instal a program and it was coming up with an error messige, with much trial and error i manged to get it to work, the probelm was the was a program running in the back ground called 'ngame gaurd' stops all exe programs from being run well it is open as they may be hacks.

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Registry optimizer is included in ERUNT.

http://www.majorgeek...wnload1267.html

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
It rather sounds to me like you could use a good start-up control program so that your various processes do not start automatically. Disabling them from startup will not prevent them from working when chosen from "All Programs" or their shortcut icon. I suggest free WinPatrol: http://www.winpatrol.com/ Ngame guard should only be on during the time you are playing the game, and should terminate with the game. If it does not, it may be a part of a malware process. To be sure go here: http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html Follow all the self-help instructions, and if any problems remain post a HiJackThis log in that section of the forum.(Not here) For general help with controlling processes, registry backup, and layered security, with URLs of useful tools and informational sites, see my Vox:
http://doc1101.vox.com/ To visit the "links," copy and paste to your browser address bar in a new tab.