Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question about Full System Recovery

• Please log in to reply

Derek Jeter

Derek Jeter

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I'm going to wipe my HD clean and I wanted to know something crucial. In my Windows Startup manual it says that I'm supposed to "disconnect all peripheral devices from the PC except for the monitior, keyboard and the mouse" before I proceed with cleaning the HD.

My question is....Do I also have to disconnect my video card???

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Just the things that plug in, like an external hard drive which you wouldn't want to corrupt while you do the format.

Derek Jeter

Derek Jeter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Thanks.

Derek Jeter

Derek Jeter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Oh...and one more question...do I have to re-install my drivers after I reboot???

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Yes your would but if you have a recovery disk for say a Dell, they usually do that for you.

Derek Jeter

Derek Jeter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
BTW, when I was formatting my external HD, there was an option to "enable compression". What is that?