Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

It comes and goes

• Please log in to reply

Gog de Bog

Gog de Bog

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi All,

I have an annoying problem. When using any application the application stops, such that anything I type stops being put on the screen page. I have to click at the task bar (out of the application) and click on the application again to get back. Then I have to click the location of where the last text was entered (where additional text should have been but was not caught).

Also when playing Call of Duty, the windows cursor suddenly appears (probably about every 10/15 minutes or so) and to get back to the game I press the Windows key and double click the right mouse to get back.

I also notice that when this happens there appears to be a quick flash of a windows tab on the task bar, which I have never managed to catch to see what the problem is.

I have norton firwall and antivirus, use adaware and more recently TCMonitor and TCActive, have a registry cleaner (Registry Booster), Burnt Cookies to stop cookies. Everything being clean. (although there was a Cold Fusion trojan which TCActive/TCMonitor found, which I deleted) and I cannot catch whatever is doing this.

Do you have any idea what the problem is or how I can determine what it is that is causing this? This has been going on for a couple of months now and to my recollection it didn't start when I downloaded anything (I try to keep my pc clean) I have W2000 prof with Office XP

I really appreciate your help

Thanks

Advertisements

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
There are several sites for this game.

http://www.google.co...lient=firefox-a

Guest_jwinathome_*

Guest_jwinathome_*
It definitely sounds like spyware. You may want to make a thread in the Malware Removal section and see if someone can help you out with it.

I can honestly say I have seen this quite a few times and it was always some sort of malicious software. Good luck.