Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Belarc Advior

• Please log in to reply

joejobs

joejobs

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Hey:
I recently downloaded a program called Belarc Advisor,
It installed a filed called BANText and cannot delete it fro registry
also computer now fereezes at startup.
Already tried deleting the file from the registry in safe mode, unable t delete.
please help.

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
This is the first report I've heard about a problem with Belarc. Did you download it from the home page? Does it display the information in your browser? When you say that your system "freezes" at startup, what exactly is going on? How long does it last? How many programs do you have in the startup menu, and what are they?

joejobs

joejobs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
I downloaded it from the homepage.
There is a file called BANtext associated with Belarc that writes itself into the registry and does not allow itself to be deleted.

After this problem I did a c, scandisk, and entered ¨esc¨ before it finished, now my computer will not enter
windows, and I do not have the XP recovery CD, so I am in a bit of a mess now!

I don´t think the prblem with scandisk has anything to do with BElarc, this was just to see if you might know of a soln to this problem.

Thanks.

After a while the computer returned to normal so I guess it wasn´t Belarc freezing it, but the internet connection.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
I'm sorry, but now I'm even more confused. What is your current status? Is your system operational? Can you enter Safe Mode?

joejobs

joejobs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
No.
Cannot enter any mode.
It shows up a screen that shows the system malfunctions because of a software or hardware change and will not enter windows.

Erik

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
I suggest that you start a new thread. Post the details of your system specs, the current situation including how it occurred, the exact wording of any error message, and what you have attempted so far. The belarc issue, I believe, is not important. At least should not be in the header, it will only confuse the issue. At this point, I want to get others involved who have had more experience with this type of problem.