Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New computer bug...didn't see anything like it on here

• Please log in to reply

mreus1974

mreus1974

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello All,

I'm a new member. I searched through the topics and did not see anything that seems similar to my issue. SO I'll describe what is happening.

I can turn on the computer and it will usually boot up and open all the programs. It indicates that I have two Windows Updates to do and sometimes it will let me install the updates and sometimes the computer shuts down the hard drive mid upgrade. IF I run Spy Bot it goes for a few minutes and then shuts down the hard drive as well. It's almost like it puts the hard drive into hibernate after 10-30 minutes. Sometimes I can run a complete virus scan using Avast Home and it returns that there is no virus. The usual sign that it is about to shut down is that the computer will flash a black screen with some white type once or twice really fast (can not read it) and then the hard drive just shuts down. There has been one or two instances where I will be in a program (ex Microsoft Money) and I will see a shadow image of some screens when they pop up. Can anyone suggest a course of action? Thank you in advance!

Advertisements