Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

tiberium wars crashes

• Please log in to reply

h3lp m3 please

h3lp m3 please

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
finally got tiberium wars kane edition. i would like to add that the game is fantastic but EA are fags. every time i buy a game from them there is always a severe problem that causes me to go mad.

now the problem. the game crashes at random points in the game by fully crapping up and showing wierd grahical corruption on the screen(the sound goes funny aswell). i am then required to reboot the computer from that point as he computer will not allow me to do anything. sometimes the computer jst fails and reboots on its own. even worse is that the problem didn't end there. when th computer restarts the graphical corruptions still persist in the boot screen and he wndows desktop regardless of wether the game is running or not. finally there doesn't seem to be an trigger to these crashes. i have to leave the computer alone for some time before i can use it normally. the problem seems to be in single player campaign and i haven't seen anything in the skrmish. then again i haven't played skirmish much.

i believe the game is doing something to my graphics card but i don't know what. it could be overheating expaining why it continues even after the reboot but i was able to play the demo perfectly fine. but i still don't think that is the case because sometimes it can crash almost straight away even after the computer has been left off over night. i seems to be a common problem because it is happening to alot of people but EA has gone too far. they always have problems with their games.

i have tried playing with and without the patches buthas made no difference. also i have all the latest drivers, directx, and patches.
comp spec:
pentium 4 3.06GHz
120GB HDD
1GB ram
256MB geforce 6800GT

i exceed all the minimum requirements. i have seen a suggestion t increase the virtual memory but i have not tried this yet as i do not know what to change the values to. i do not want any futher trouble with the computer by putting in values too high.

THANK YOU.

Advertisements

h3lp m3 please

h3lp m3 please

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
forgot to add. my game is original kane edition. i do own the CD's and i am not running through a crack.

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

finally got tiberium wars kane edition. i would like to add that the game is fantastic but EA are fags. every time i buy a game from them there is always a severe problem that causes me to go mad.

now the problem. the game crashes at random points in the game by fully crapping up and showing wierd grahical corruption on the screen(the sound goes funny aswell). i am then required to reboot the computer from that point as he computer will not allow me to do anything. sometimes the computer jst fails and reboots on its own. even worse is that the problem didn't end there. when th computer restarts the graphical corruptions still persist in the boot screen and he wndows desktop regardless of wether the game is running or not. finally there doesn't seem to be an trigger to these crashes. i have to leave the computer alone for some time before i can use it normally. the problem seems to be in single player campaign and i haven't seen anything in the skrmish. then again i haven't played skirmish much.

i believe the game is doing something to my graphics card but i don't know what. it could be overheating expaining why it continues even after the reboot but i was able to play the demo perfectly fine. but i still don't think that is the case because sometimes it can crash almost straight away even after the computer has been left off over night. i seems to be a common problem because it is happening to alot of people but EA has gone too far. they always have problems with their games.

i have tried playing with and without the patches buthas made no difference. also i have all the latest drivers, directx, and patches.
comp spec:
pentium 4 3.06GHz
120GB HDD
1GB ram
256MB geforce 6800GT

i exceed all the minimum requirements. i have seen a suggestion t increase the virtual memory but i have not tried this yet as i do not know what to change the values to. i do not want any futher trouble with the computer by putting in values too high.

THANK YOU.

It recommend that you need at least 2 GB to play this game very well.

Edited by HPDV8315LOVER, 10 April 2007 - 02:21 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
often weird graphical glitches can be a sign of heat problems. Make sure your fans are freely moving (not locked up) and dust free. A can of air does a great job at cleaning out the fans.

If your system video is AGP, I would recommend updating the chipset drivers. Especially the GART driver. There are some odd issues between the newer nvidia drivers that require the gart driver to be updated. If your running pci-x then this isn't necessary.

h3lp m3 please

h3lp m3 please

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
when you say 2gb. do you mean virtual memory or by getting another 1gb ram chip.
i used to have issues with the audio/video sync. i cleaned out the dust to fix THAT problem so my computuer is clean at the moment. the one i have trouble with now is not caused by dust in the computer

also just as a note the demo ran perfectly fine without any issues. i was able to play the game freely without any performance or graphical problems.

finally i clean installed windows xp and drivers. also directx (the one with the game disc). and then installed the game (original kane edition NOT the demo). i left all the settings on default and had no problem. playing on v1.00

it was only when i changed the settings that the issues occured. setting them back fixed it.
THEN i patched it with the latest drivers and even on default settings caused it to crash.

deleted and reinstalled so now on v1.00 but now the problems have begun again no matter what the settings are.

finally my graphics card is PCI-E 16x

what's going on????

Edited by h3lp m3 please, 11 April 2007 - 09:10 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
physical ram, not virtual memory.

you definitely have a weird one. 1.4 should be released very soon. Some of the issues they are addressing my resolve your issues.

h3lp m3 please

h3lp m3 please

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
you see that is why i have a very odd problem. patch v1.4 didn't make things any better. that was the one i used and it made it worse.

patches are meant to fix things not break em