Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CSS Layout

• Please log in to reply

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Hey,

I am doing a group project for college which involves making a website. I have opted for a CSS layout as previous experiences with tables have left me feeling disappointed with the results...

I have used a basic CSS layout before and it looks really good, alot better than those tables...

I have attached a picture of how I would like the layout to look (if its possible :whistling: )

Layout.JPG

If you could please help me with this than that would be a massive help to the project...

Advertisements

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
Any layout can be created with CSS...

This can be done and looks fairly straight-forward. Start at the left, create your DIV's from left to right, top to bottom and then start sizing to fit to the width you wish.

Pay close attention to sizes and padding.

Floating is your friend here, so brush up on that.

Edited by thenotch, 09 April 2007 - 01:32 PM.

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
What do you mean by Floating?

Im currently making the layout in Dreamweaver...and its gettin there...:whistling:

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
Great help #1
http://css.maxdesign...u/floatutorial/

Great help #2
http://htmldog.com/r...operties/float/

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Hey,

Ive had a go at the layout and so far ive got everything apart from the right hand side...I just cant get it to go to the right...

I have included the CSS file and the webpage so that you can see what I have done...and maybe you could help me get the rest on the right hand side :whistling:

Cheers,

Attached Files

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
If your having trouble getting the content going right have a look at how I have done it with http://codefisher.or...ee_column_fixed

You should be just able to add all the other divs inside the one you get floating right. Have a play with it an see how you go.

EDIT: I have not finished that part of the tutorial yet :whistling:

Edited by Michael, 09 April 2007 - 07:32 PM.

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

You should be just able to add all the other divs inside the one you get floating right. Have a play with it an see how you go.

Didnt think of this at the time...I created the "float_right" DIV inside the top right menu header...and now it all works :blink:

Cheers for all your help guys :whistling: