Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Messenger blocks IE from internet access

• Please log in to reply

Claes_B

Claes_B

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

after being a lurker for a long time, I have finally registred in hope for some assistance from someone "klug".

Case:

On my both my daughters computers (XP Home SP2 all updates no viruses) I have installed Messenger Live 8.1 and IE 7.

IE runs fine before they start Messenger, after which IE says 403 or 404. After closing Messenger Live, IE remains "blocked". Ipconfig /release etc does not help.

Inside Messenger Live it is not possible to access hotmail or any other Messenger Live service that opens a IE window. All attempts yield a 403 or 404.

Other apps as Outlook Express or the AV BitDefender access internet just fine, both during and after a Messenger Live run.

- Have reset IE to defaults
- Have re-installed IE and Messenger, have used CrapCleaner/SpyBot/AdAware and ScrupXP w/o luck.
- Have logged in with my Messenger profile w/o luck.
- Have given the machines direct acces through DMZ in the router w/o effect.
- No viruses/trojans etc - hijack this is clean...

The symtoms are re-occuring...

Before re-installing everything, I kindly ask members for ideas...

//Claes (Sweden)

Advertisements

Claes_B

Claes_B

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Update:

after getting a suggestion from an other forum, i flushed the ssl-cache - viola ! now everything is back to normal.

//Claes