after being a lurker for a long time, I have finally registred in hope for some assistance from someone "klug".
On my both my daughters computers (XP Home SP2 all updates no viruses) I have installed Messenger Live 8.1 and IE 7.
IE runs fine before they start Messenger, after which IE says 403 or 404. After closing Messenger Live, IE remains "blocked". Ipconfig /release etc does not help.
Inside Messenger Live it is not possible to access hotmail or any other Messenger Live service that opens a IE window. All attempts yield a 403 or 404.
Other apps as Outlook Express or the AV BitDefender access internet just fine, both during and after a Messenger Live run.
- Have reset IE to defaults
- Have re-installed IE and Messenger, have used CrapCleaner/SpyBot/AdAware and ScrupXP w/o luck.
- Have logged in with my Messenger profile w/o luck.
- Have given the machines direct acces through DMZ in the router w/o effect.
- No viruses/trojans etc - hijack this is clean...
The symtoms are re-occuring...
Before re-installing everything, I kindly ask members for ideas...