Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ZONE ALARM

• Please log in to reply

PersianIkarus

PersianIkarus

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey Guys,

I had Zone Alarm up and running on my system for more than a year. Somehow I got into trouble with the "true vector service" last week (after I was infected with some Trojans I guess) and I removed ZA from my system. The system has been cleaned now. I tried to reinstall ZA but now I get two errors: 1. it needs me to log in as an administrator (I did and it still does not work because: 2. apparently a .dll file (vsutil) is missing.

I saw in another topic here where it was suggested to find vsmon.exe and rename it to vsmon.old but I can not fine such files on my system. (I found two vsmon files but they are not .exe

I really appreciate your help.

-Leon

Advertisements

DMME

DMME

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Please tell me the exactly what the .dll error message says. Download: CCleaner and run it. Then do the Registry clean. Hopefully it will get the remains of the old ZoneAlarm off.

PersianIkarus

PersianIkarus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey,

It says:

Could not load the DLL library
D:\DOCUME~1\MSHIRI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp40907204035\vsutil.dll
The specified module could not be found.

I just ran CCleaner. No help.

-Leon

DMME

DMME

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
hmm.. It seems as though a lot of people have gotten this problem. Check out this link and you should find your answer though:

http://forums.zoneal...essage.id=52386

PersianIkarus

PersianIkarus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have hard time following the instruction in the link you sent me. (removing some of the files mentioned there is not possible on my system) so I guess I live with the new Kerio firewall I just downloaded. So forget about Zone Labs;-)

Thanks a lot for your help.

-Leon

DMME

DMME

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Oh well. No problem though. I really had no clue on how to fix the issue you had, so I just gave you a link to the ZoneAlarm forums.

Happy virus, trojan, and worm blocking!! Oh, and most of all: hacking. Technically called cracking though.

Edited by DMME, 09 April 2007 - 10:54 PM.