Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mic - Internet Connection Needed?

• Please log in to reply

Jimmy2

Jimmy2

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I was just wondering if you can use a Mic on a 56k internet connection, while gaming?

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Is this also an online game? 56k will probably do it, but you might not be very satisfied with the affect it will have on your internet connection. Also, there's other things to consider, such as what program you use to talk on (Skype, Windows Messenger, etc.)

Jimmy2

Jimmy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I was hoping to use Team Speak or Ventrillo, while playing Guild Wars. My main concern is having it degrade my game play to where i cannot play while i am talking / receiving.

Edited by Jimmy2, 09 April 2007 - 08:31 PM.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
just curious, what is it like to game on 56k modem, I am not a gamer but would just like some feedback please

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Well, the best thing I can tell you right now is to try it, and see how it works for you. I imagine it being quite slow, possibly causing you to "lag out" during the game, but we won't know unless you try.

Jimmy2

Jimmy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

just curious, what is it like to game on 56k modem, I am not a gamer but would just like some feedback please

It really depends on the game. Almost all of the newer games require broadband connection, but i can play games like Counter-Strike: Source, Guild Wars, and Call of Duty on 56k, but it does slow you down alot.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Thanks for the feedback

Jimmy2

Jimmy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
So i guess no one really has an answer that they have tested themselves?