Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

remote assistance

• Please log in to reply

chayaus1

chayaus1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Friend installed program for remote assistance, so virtually he had access to my computer and files. I deleted program which was in my document folder. also emptied recycling bin to be sure. I went to panel control, to firewalls..clicked on exemptions and unchecked remote box, which also had his name with numbers, I unchecked and deleted that. My question is can he take files from my computer and still have access, even if I have deleted program. Also would he know if I am working on my computer.

Advertisements

Guest_jwinathome_*

Guest_jwinathome_*
If the program he was using to access your computer is no longer hosting then he cannot access it. Why don't you do a search for the program and see if it still exists anywhere.

What program was he using to access remotely?

chayaus1

chayaus1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
he got the program from chatroom in paltalk..internet and computers...morocco

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
do you know the name of the program there are many programs like this out there.

DaveC2003

DaveC2003

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Check that no ports are open in the firewall that would gain him access. Is he using VNC or something??