Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

KemUtil.dll error

• Please log in to reply

madams31

madams31

• Pip
  • 2 posts
We bought my dad a HP notebook for Christmas and recently he's started getting an error, today I was online on his computer and had logged off, shortly later my sister used it fine and then later on I went back on it and it would not let me online. I tried all the obvious stuff: checked all the plugs, removed them and replugged it in... etc. I tried restarting the computer and the error that came up when I signed in under my dad said "KemUtil.dll not found" and something of the sort of redownloading the program. I'm not sure what this error is for, what program it refers to and not sure what to do... I don't know why this program would keep me from going online?

Any help or thoughts?

Thanks,
MAdams31

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
From what I can find, KemUtil.dll deals with a LogiTech mouse installation: Link to Info about KemUtil.dll. You have a notebook so don't know if you're using an external mouse or not. Might list more information on the HP Notebook such as model #.

My LogiTech has a Connect Utility listed under Start/Programs/LogicTech/Mouse and Keyboard. This may help restore the DLL file. If not, try reinstalling the mouse if you are using an external mouse. Not sure if the Touchpad software installs a Setpoint driver or not. Maybe someone with more info on this will post with help.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 09 April 2007 - 11:35 PM.

madams31

madams31

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

From what I can find, KemUtil.dll deals with a LogiTech mouse installation: Link to Info about KemUtil.dll. You have a notebook so don't know if you're using an external mouse or not. Might list more information on the HP Notebook such as model #.

My LogiTech has a Connect Utility listed under Start/Programs/LogicTech/Mouse and Keyboard. This may help restore the DLL file. If not, try reinstalling the mouse if you are using an external mouse. Not sure if the Touchpad software installs a Setpoint driver or not. Maybe someone with more info on this will post with help.

Ron

Yes we are using an external mouse on his notebook.
I will try looking into that next, and if I need more help I will let post.

Thanks for the info-- I appreciate it.

Michelle

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're welcome. Post back with solution or if you still having a problem.

Ron