Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system blues

• Please log in to reply

judasneon

judasneon

• Pip
  • 5 posts
My problem is:
I have done a complete system wipe and reinstall, I have win xp pro with sp2
in the system I have an MSI kt7 ultra mainboard with amd ath 3200 proc, 768 Mb ddr ram,ATI radeon 9600 pro,SB audigy 2 sound,2X120gig HD maxtor's,1Xdvd-re,1Xdvd-player + floppy.

the system when running just as a desktop is great no probs, can go on the net and browse and i can play dvd's and music all the things that dont seem to put it under much stress?
Now as soon as I put any game on the system and start playing it will Hang the sys
I have a looped sound and the game freezes I have to press the reset button to restart the sys I have no control over the keyboard commands.
The error message reads as follows:

WER70eb.dir00/mini040505-1dmp
WER70eb.dir00/sysdata.xml

I have been into the bios and looked at the settings and also the boot menu all seems fine? HELP!

would this have anything to do with the cpu or cpu temp? I only get to run any game for about 2 mins max so I dont think it is but any help is greatfully recieved
I have had enough of this prob its ongoing and driving me batty!!!

Advertisements

partyboym2

partyboym2

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i have the same problem. with radeon 9600 and 1gb ram idk y it would just lock up so badly. plz help.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
separate threads please.....

those error messages are not error messages...they are file names sent to Microsoft if you choose to send them

The error message will be found in event viewer under Applications of System

Start > run > eventvwr.msc
enter

report those back. Look for error that occured when game crashed

Here is the most common issue for common problems

Did the game crash to desktop
Driver

Lock up the system
Ram or poorly written program

shut down the system
heat or power supply

These are not 100 percent, but are most common problems

Given your description, check your ram with a memory tester...better yet, remove a stick, play and if it locks up again, switch sticks until you find the bad ram.

Also, update all drivers, game patches and chipset driver.