Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

best video card for gaming

• Please log in to reply

arnold russell

arnold russell

• Pip
  • 3 posts
1. Nvidia GeForce GTX 280 2. Nvidia GeForce 9800 GX2 3. ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 4. ATI Radeon HD 4870 5. Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 6. ATI Radeon HD 4850 7. Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX 8. Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT 9. Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT 10. ATI Radeon HD 3870.
________________________________________________________________________________

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
October 2008 Update

:)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
November 2008

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
December 2008 (With November Review)

=OSS*ROID=

=OSS*ROID=

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Best single card graphics card would definitly be the EVGA GTX 280 FTW. But the best graphics card period is definitly the ATI Radeon 4870 X2. 1600 Stream processors!!!!! DAAMN

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
January 2009

Looks like we're keeping an eye open for a new Nvidia graphics card sometime soon, the GTX 295. It will be interesting to see how it compares with the Radeon 4870 X2.

:)

Troy

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
GTX 295 initial review by Atomic PC (Australian website).

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
February 2009 Edition :)

Dakre

Dakre

• Pip
  • 7 posts
http://www.tomshardw...295,2123-9.html

That's a good article that shows the capabilities of several cards.

brassass2828

brassass2828

• Pip
  • 2 posts
HD 5870 is great i have one it kicks averything else for power (except mabe a 295) and its cheaper than most nvivdia cards

Advertisements

Dark Sun

Dark Sun

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My video card is Gefore 9600GTX 1gb of ram. It's ok to running many famous games now, but not the best, of course :) such as Crysis Warhead, the fps is just 18-21/s with max settings and AAx2. I'm not happy so much with my video card. Any advice for the new better card ? Oops I'm not a man who speak native english. So sorry if there is any mistake of gramma:D

Edited by sari, 15 April 2010 - 04:33 PM.

IAIS

IAIS

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Well, I run dual 4870s. 1 gig DDR5 per. They can handle up to and including BFBC2 just fine with all the settings on high. Of course, when I built the system 6 months ago, the 4890s were just out. Ooops, just checked the boxes in the closet; they are dual 4890s and about to release the 5xxx series. Anywho, they run just fine together, and...for a short time, I ran just one; it ran BFBC2 just fine. :)

angelarichard

angelarichard

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am using ASUS 512MB graphics card but I wanna upgrade it.
Could you please recommend any thing?

MedStudent.003Hz

MedStudent.003Hz

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
I hope I'm not over stepping my bounds here since I am very new to the site, but it look like this thread hadn't been updated with any 2010 links yet; so here it goes:

For Notebook Gaming Graphics Cards

Tom's 2010 Gaming Graphics Cards

Latest Graphics Cards Comparisons from Xbit Labs

Latest GPU News from AnandTech

Latest GPU Reviews at HardOCP

Hope that helps.

rocksparow

rocksparow

• Pip
  • 4 posts
There are the top three video cards for gaming which gives the high performances graphics cards and they are Sapphire Radeon which is one of the best single video cards. Diamond Radeon which has an amazing bang which performs extremely well. Diamond Radeon HD 5670 is an awesome card for the best gaming performance.